Covid-19 Action Plan
At MCA, we are committed to offering as much of a normal environment to our students as possible while remaining mindful of their health and safety as well as that of our staff. Full in-person instruction has been offered since the first day of school without any positive Covid-19 cases. We will continue to monitor the spread of the virus in Montgomery County following these reasonable and appropriate guidelines:
- Deep-cleaning and sanitizing of all buildings on campus will be carried out on a regular basis throughout the school year.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will continue nightly throughout the school year.
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrival. Any temperature over 100.4 will be sent home immediately.
- Parent and visitor entrance into buildings will be strictly limited.
- When parents or visitors must enter the building, they are not permitted to have direct/close contact with staff or students.
- Students and staff with fever will be required to stay home until fever-free for 72 hours.
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be required to stay home until a doctor's release is provided.
- Students and staff will be allowed to wear a mask if they prefer (subject to change, based on recent mandates.)
- Teachers and staff will be teaching and reinforcing important hygiene protocols including regular hand washing, avoiding hand-to-face contact, and covering coughs and sneezes.
- Multiple hand sanitizing stations will be available in all buildings.
- Students will not share personal school supplies, and shared objects will be limited as much as possible.
- Any shared equipment will be sanitized between uses (PE, recess, art, etc.)