At MCA, we are committed to a safe and complete return to school. Our students' first day of school on August 12, 2020, with full in-person instruction was a complete success! With the guidance of our County Judge, we have been and will continue to monitor the spread of the virus in Montgomery County and have created reasonable and appropriate guidelines to do our part to stay healthy and return to life as close to normal as possible.
- Deep-cleaning and sanitizing of all buildings on campus will be carried out before the school year begins.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will continue nightly throughout the school year.
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrival. Any temperature over 100.4 will be sent home immediately.
- Students and staff with fever will be required to stay home until fever-free for 72 hours.
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be required to stay home until a doctor's release is provided.
- Students and staff will be allowed to wear a mask if they prefer (subject to change, based on recent mandates.)
- Teachers and staff will be teaching and reinforcing important hygiene protocols including regular hand washing, avoiding hand-to-face contact, and covering coughs and sneezes.
- Multiple hand sanitizing stations will be available in all buildings.
- Students will not share personal school supplies, and shared objects will be limited as much as possible.
- Any shared equipment will be sanitized between uses (PE, recess, art, etc.)